Career Regrets? It’s Never too Late.
- At 23, Oprah was fired from her first reporting job.
- At 24, Stephen King was working as a Janitor and living in a trailer.
- At 28, J.K.Rowling was a single parent living on benefit.
- Vera Wang failed to make the Olympic figure skating team, didn’t get the Editor-in Chief position at Vogue and designed her first dress at 40.
- Alan Rickman gave up his graphic design career to purse acting at 42.
- Samuel L Jackson didn’t get his first movie role until he was 46.
- Morgan Freeman landed his first major movie role at 52.
- Ernestine Shepherd started as a competitive bodybuilder at 56, she still competed at 71.
- Louise Hay didn’t launch her publishing company, Hay House until she was 62.
If you haven’t found your dream career yet, it’s not too late. If you’ve found it and lost it, it’s also not too late. You aren’t a failure because you haven’t ‘made it’ by the age of 25 or 30. It’s OK if you don’t even know what your dream is, or if you’ll ever have one.
- Never tell yourself you’re too old or it’s too late.
- Never tell yourself that you’ve missed your chance.
- Never tell yourself that you aren’t good enough or this isn’t for people ‘like you’.